Assassination Politics as revenge fantasy (Re: FCPUNX:McVeigh)

Declan McCullagh declan at pathfinder.com
Mon Jun 9 08:43:00 PDT 1997

Actually, Bell's plan was simply the ultimate adolescent revenge fantasy.
Government thugs got your goat (or your computers, your car, your guns?)
Wipe them out. Supermarket clerk taking too long? Rub her out. Minivan cut
you off on the way to work? Kill them off.

When I pointed out to Bell that his plan if implemented would allow you to
knock off not just government thugs but annoying neighbors, his response
was that assassins might opt only to eradicate the Feds -- hardly a
reassuring thought.

-Declan