[CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Sun Jun 8 06:53:30 PDT 1997

"William H. Geiger III" <whgiii at amaranth.com> writes:

> In <Pine.LNX.3.91.970607230450.11734A-100000 at fatmans.demon.co.uk>, on
> 06/07/97
>    at 11:11 PM, Paul Bradley <paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk> said:
>
> >I live in mainland England. NI, although still violent, is now not the
> >only place bombed by the IRA, until a few years ago they mainly attacked
> >targets in NI, they now bomb all over the country.
>
> Well I can only see this as a good thing. :)
>
> It is the people of England that support that illegal occupation of Irish
> soil by Brittish troops. It is only right that they should have to suffer
> the consequences.

Paul,

The reason why the IRA bombs (or threatens to bomb) targets all over the UK
is that they want to make the voting public so sick and tired of the status
quo in NI that they'll demand a pull-out, which is just what the IRA wants.

The UK is a democracy - supposedly it's up to the voters to decide if they
want the UK to stay in NI, so the voters are being "persuaded".

The PLO used a similar successful strategy to convince Israeli voters to
agree to peace talks.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM