[CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

Paul Bradley paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 8 03:49:08 PDT 1997

> How much must you hate someone to wish him/her dead ? Have you ever been
> 'contronted' with dead, Paul ? Someone of your friends, relatives, ... who
> died, perhaps ? How can you wish some other human being the same ?
> What if the IRA would blow up the queen ? I guess Charles is the next to
> step on then ? What a progress !!

Indeed I have, as I have said in other posts I have no particular
sympathies with the IRA, they are thugs who kill indiscriminately.
Wishing someone dead is not that great a step from accepting that
they commit crime against you. I don`t wish the queen dead because
of her clear opposition to terrorist violence, there are other reasons
for this. Maybe wishing her dead is a little too strong in this
particular case.

> Havalook at Kongo: Mobutu has gone. Much better now ! After several
> thousands were killed, the new president gives his first orders: "women
> should not wear tight shirts anymore (I thought they were supposed to take
> them off, but...) nor should they act in a sensual way.
>
> Right, violence is at least A solution. But for what ?
> BTW, I'd be very interested if you would care telling something more about
> Northern Ireland. That's where you live I guess ? Are you "Catholic" or
> "Protestant" ?

I live in mainland England. NI, although still violent, is now not the
only place bombed by the IRA, until a few years ago they mainly attacked
targets in NI, they now bomb all over the country.
I do not claim that violence is a global solution, merely that in some
cases it works. And I don`t believe labelling retaliation "violence" is
really correct, the word violence is derived from violate, ie. to violate
someones rights in a material and tangiable manner, I don`t believe
retaliation or defence is a violation of rights, merely a response to
agression. I personally see other ways than violence out of most
disagreements, but I believe the only way to remove the power of the
state is through selective violence as part of an overall strategy
including strong cryptography and associated technologies.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul at crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul at cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/