Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Fri Jun 6 21:01:30 PDT 1997

Declan McCullagh <declan at pathfinder.com> writes:

> -Declan
>
> (Who thinks that no consensual speech should be banned by the government.

If you set up your mailbox to accept e-mail promiscuously from anyone,
then anything sent to it is "consentual".

> I can, however, see a common law argument for spam as trespass after
> repeated cease-and-desist notes are sent.)

The onus is on the recipient to filter out what they don't want (or to
"filter in" only what they want, which is how I think we'll end up). Such
filtering takes less time+effort than "repeated cease-and-desist notes".

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM