McVeigh? Nimrods.....

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Thu Jun 5 08:58:41 PDT 1997

At 3:50 PM -0700 6/4/97, Paul Bradley wrote:
>> Like my fellow Santa Clara County Resident Bill Frantz said :
>>
>> For cypherpunks this comes down to: Make code, not bombs.
>
>True, code will lead to further liberation in the virtual communities,
>but bombs are an effective device for ending the corrupt tyrannical
>government that rules us.

It is my contention that, in the present circumstances, bombs are not
effective devices for ending the corrupt tyrannical government which rules
us.  They are much more likely to make enemies for "our cause" than they
are to physically stop the government.  Does the phrase, "Bomb throwing
anarchist" give you the feeling of hero, or of villain?  Most people will
answer villain, and killing people is not likely to change their minds.

Bill Frantz       | The Internet was designed  | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | to protect the free world  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | from hostile governments.  | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA