[CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Thu Jun 5 00:35:02 PDT 1997

At 11:34 PM -0700 6/4/97, Tim May wrote:
>At 11:26 PM -0700 6/4/97, Bill Frantz wrote:
>
>>as it is in northern Ireland, Palestine/Israel, and the USA.  Neither side
>>is likely to get tired and go home.  The only long-term solution is to
>>learn to live together.
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>On this subject, my list colleague Bill and I are from different planets.
>The chasm that separates us is a Grand Canyon.
>
>When I hear people talk about "why can't we just get along together?" and
>its variants, I reach for my .45.
>
>"Learning to live together" is absurd when the other side has stolen your
>land.

I'm glad the Indians aren't acting on that precept.  (But in the past they
did act and got their asses whooped real good.  That's why we can say, "We
stole it fair and square.")

More generally, if you haven't set foot on the land, and your father never
set foot on the land, and so on, then trade and perhaps even friendship
with whoever currently is on the land may be a better deal than poverty,
blood, and death.  YMMV, however you should not let religion/ideology/hate
blind you to your long term rational self interest.

I do agree with Tim that some things are worth fighting and even dieing
for, but they should always be examined in terms of long term rational self
interest.  (If you're going to die anyway, then take enough of them with
you to make a proper escort into paradise.  If the nazi-commies are
enslaving your country, then by all means take up arms in its defense.
Etc.)

IMHO, in northern Ireland and Palestine/Israel all the continued fighting
promises is poverty, blood, and death.  Accepting that possession is 100%
of the law would let everyone live a better life (except the politicos who
feed on hate).

Bill Frantz       | The Internet was designed  | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | to protect the free world  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | from hostile governments.  | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA