McVeigh

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Wed Jun 4 14:13:41 PDT 1997

>The kids were murdered by Koresh who had the compound set alight.
>I've gone over the videos we made live off CNN. There is absolutely
>no doubt that the fire started in multiple places.

Spoken like a man who *hasn't* seen the FLIRT (Forward Looking InfraRed
Television) tapes that show the characteristic signatures of ingoing
automatic
weapons fire.  Even the Washington Post was "troubled."

Spoken like a man who thinks that if some Federal Government somewhere tries
to knock buildings down with tanks and releases massive quantities of tear
gas
(admitted by the Federales), it has absolutely no responsibility whatsoever
for whatever follows.  It was just an innocent bystander.  All this after an
armed assault on a private dwelling.

I'll have to try that some time with the Jacob K. Javits Federal Office
building in lower Manhatten.  I know I can count on you to defend me by
saying
that even though I hit the place with 20 or 30 heavily-armed troopies and
then
knocked a few walls down with tanks and filled the building with tear gas,
nothing that happened there was my fault.

Gee!  Too bad about those Jews.  They accidently wandered out into the middle
of Poland and committed suicide all 6 million of them.  Religious fanaticism
can be dangerous.

>If a group of people shoot anyone approaching them for any reason
>whatsoever the police have an absolute need to investigate.

So who did they shoot in advance of the BATF attack?

>There
>was nothing else the authorities could have done except prevent
>Koresh from accumulating the arms in the first place.

There are currently hundreds of "compounds" (probably thousands) in America
that have more firearms and people than existed at Mt. Carmel (80 people.
One
gun per person).  There are millions of households in America (some on this
list) that have *many* more guns per person (20x) than the residents of
Koresh's religious community had.

The Feds could have done in 1993 what they've done since (Koresh wasn't the
only one who got burned there) and LEAVE PEACEFUL PEOPLE ALONE.

We pay them to be PEACE officers not WAR officers.  WAR officers we reserve
for foreigners (and Hispanic teenagers herding their goats on their own land
and plinking with DANGEROUS .22 assault rifles too near the Mexican border).

DCF