McVeigh? Nimrods.....

Chris DiBona chrisd at loc201.tandem.com
Wed Jun 4 11:25:32 PDT 1997

<rant>

Okay folks...what the hell is wrong with you? First off, this whole McVeigh
Crap is a bit off topic..but we all know this. The amazing thing about the
string of posts has been that people have forgotten that He has been found
guilty of murdering quite a few people. Guilty,  Guilty,  Guilty. Jury of
his peers, dare I say, people like us all. Randomly selected. This is how
our system works.

Yes there are flaws in the system.

Yes the US govt. has it's problems in the past, present and future.

Yes people have died because schnooks in DC have had thier heads up thier
ass. Or not.

So whether or not you belive he did it.....how can anyone be _for_ what
_happened_. People died senselessly, I can't believe that anyone (in this
case Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com, lets give credit where it is due)
can be so callous and , frankly, sick , to say :

<>
As to the Children of OKC, people who turn the care of their children over
government employees or contractors do not place too high a value on those
children.
<>

Are you serious? You should be ashamed that you think this way. Do you
really
think those children who died weren't cared for? You are a sick person who
should seriously consider therapy. Anyone who read this and said "Yeah!"
 is
on the same plane.

To all the people who defend blowing shit and people up to get thier point
across....

Okay..so the IRA does it, and HAMMAS does it, and the CIA does it. So does
the
PLFP the FARC and a zillion other terrorist groups. And it appears McVeigh
did it.
But that doesn't make blowing up children in freakin' day care all right.
Do you
understand this? There is no reason to blow up kids. It's wrong. For any
reason.
Bad. Duncan...looking over your past posts.. .I've got to wonder if you
were on acid
when you wrote this, many of your posts were fairly cozigent. But this? Do
you have
children? Any  cousins who are children? A nephew or neice? Do these
children
who may be important to you have parents who "care" about them enough to
scour the planet to find a good,safe day care that isn't withing the blast
radius or
shooting range of :

A government office.
A large corporations headquarters.
A law firm.
A post office.
A town square.
A restaurant.
A bank.
Anywhere some asshole might have a gun and go loopy.
Anywhere some asshole might have a car be drunk and go loopy.
Anywhere some asshole might have a gun and a car and be drunk and go loopy.

If they even could, I'm someone somewhere will find a way to fuck up that
safe place.

You get the point, I could go on....but I won't.  Perhaps you should think
and read
over your posts before you post again. The only good thing (and I mean
ONLY) to
come out of the whole Mcveigh thing being discussed here on cypherpunks, is
that it has allowed me to add to my killfiles people who have for some
reason,
had a prefrontal.

To all the dipshits who could possibly think otherwise. I should also
mention it
is an EQUALLY fucked up thing to blow up adults.

Like my fellow Santa Clara County Resident Bill Frantz said :

For cypherpunks this comes down to: Make code, not bombs.

	Chris DiBona

</rant>