Who "invented" remailers?

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Wed Jun 4 01:15:26 PDT 1997

At 06:27 PM 6/3/97 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>(There are important issues, discussed by several of us several years ago,
>and more recently by Wei Dai and Lucky Green, dealing with correlation
>analysis of messages sent and messages received...esentially pattern
>analysis.

This type of analysis is unlikely to provide useful results for
high-latency systems such as remailers. However, this analysis can be very
fruitful on near real time systems such as ill-designed chained http
anonymizers.

[Tim of course knows this, I just want to make sure that this is
universally understood.]

--Lucky Green <shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred.

  Put a stake through the heart of DES! Join the quest at
  http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm