May's Banal Rant

Paul Bradley paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 17:14:03 PDT 1997

> Anarchy can not be achieved by negotiations or cooperation with any
> branch of government.

Very succintly put, and straight to the point. Even minarchism could not
be achieved by compromising or negotiating with the current system.

> Neither can crypto-anarchy be achieved by nuking
> DC.

This is not so certain, crypto-anarchy would of course be achieved if
anarchy in general were achieved, this could occur if strong action were
taken such as nuking DC. I believe more selective systems such as AP will
eventually cause the downfall of government, and will do so in a much
more ethical and discrimatory manner.

> thinking that "something is better than nothing" or "the bastards need to
> receive the punishment they so richly deserve". Neither view will help to
> further crypto-anarchy in any meaningful way.

I don`t believe they are at all comparable statements, the first is a cop
out, the second simply carries the discussion to its logical conclusion,
that agressors must be punished and agressive acts must be prevented.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul at crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul at cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/