McVeigh

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Tue Jun 3 17:14:03 PDT 1997

On Tue, Jun 03, 1997 at 06:43:10PM +0000, Paul Bradley wrote:
[...]
> > McVeigh ripped the heart out of the militia movement, he demonstrated
> > what it was really about. Ironically the Oaklahoma bombing may have
> > had precisely the effect McVeigh desired but in a very different
> > sense. It was a wake up call to defend the country from fascism
> > but the fascist threat was McVeigh and the millitia movement.
>
> Of course, if the militia movement were to have any effect a concentrated
> effort or even a few bombings killing only government employees would
> have been a better course of action.

*Any* such violence on the part of militia movements will only
generate sympathy for the victims, and harm the movement more than it
helps.

> > recovered from the beer hall putsch. Alternatively they can
> > loudly claim that McVeigh was "framed" in the same way that
> > other neo-NAZIs on the net claim the holocaust a fake, i.e.
> > so that nobody really believes it. I suspect that this script
>
> The militias would be better to disown McVeigh and condemn his alleged
> actions because he killed innocents.

But they won't, because they are pathetic insects drawn to the candle
flame of violence.  Contrast that with the brilliance of the anarchist
Eward Abbey in "The Monkey Wrench Gang", where the anti-government
acts were calculated to call forth popular support.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent at songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...