May's Banal Rant

William H. Geiger III whgiii at amaranth.com
Mon Jun 2 15:08:36 PDT 1997

In <v03007800afb8f136d5bc@[204.91.138.31]>, on 06/02/97
   at 05:06 PM, Marc Rotenberg <rotenberg at epic.org> said:

>I just came back from the 7th annual crypto
>conference that we've  organized in DC. Among
>the people who spoke were Carl Ellison, Eric
>Hughes, Matt Blaze, Peter Wayner, Cindy Cohn,
>Bruce Schneier. (Michael Froomkin was invited, but
>he's been out of the country. And Whit couldn't
>make it cause he's finishing his book.)

>Like I said, Tim May et al are behind the
>curve. You guys preach cyber anarchy but
>you're really armchair activists.

Well lets see,

While you were hobnobbing in DC today I did the following:

Spent time on the phone with PGP, Inc. going over various modifications
that I have been working on to the PGP code.

Spoke with 3 E-Mail vendors on the implementation of crypto to there
products.

Spent several hours on IRC disscussing with a group of IRC authors on the
design and implemntation of Private Encrypted channel to their IRC
products.

Exchanged E-Mail regurarding PGP/MIME update draft.

Spent the rest of the day writting & debuging crypto code.

So *EXACTLY* where are we behind the curve?

While you are playing your fanticy games in DC as self appointed defender
of "Truth, Justice, and the American Way" the rest of us were doing *REAL*
work bringing crypto to the masses.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html