Comments on the Macintosh

Vinnie Moscaritolo vinnie at webstuff.apple.com
Mon Jun 2 10:53:22 PDT 1997

>And I could see no significant changes in going from System 7.1.3 to
>7.5.3..
>
>Vinnie M. tells me I should do the upgrade to System 7.6...I think I'll
>pass on this for now.

I agree,It's mostly bugfixes, But Tim, why can't you get it...
Apple's MacOS team grew from 6 people in the 7.5.3 days to about 100 in the
7.6 8.0 release.. there are many bugfixes and performace enhancements in
the 7.6 release.. and yes you should use Opentranport (at least 1.1.1 or
1.2)

>.the Mac OS is of course still missing basic OS features such as... memory
>>protection.)

Tim,.I am suprised to hear you whining with such a liberals voice..  I
always thought that  demanding memory protection in an OS  is a lot like
demanding that the government is responsible for protecting you from
anything that might go bad.. If applications are well written, then you
really dont need the memory partitions in a personal computer.

 That is if application writers would take responsibility for thier own
apps... But I guess you are right.  "something must be done about those
badly written applications" ..maybe we should pass a new law, it  can be
called the  "Fineswine-May Memory Protection Act" ... maybe you should
start drafting it now..

But until then Tim, you can always run mkLinux.. but I think you just
really like to complain.

Vinnie Moscaritolo
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
Fingerprint: 4FA3298150E404F2782501876EA2146A
"And someone said Hey man did ya see that?
   His body hit the street with such a beautiful thud..
I wonder if he knew what he was getting into...
  Or was he just lost in the flood?"