Rotenberg as the Uber Enemy

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Mon Jun 2 06:20:08 PDT 1997

At 11:47 pm -0400 on 6/1/97, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> until Marc started yelling about libertarians being "Pod People," or at
> least possessing similar critical thinking skills. :)

Same as it ever was.

It's a common rhetorical device used by totalitarian fellow-travellers
everywhere. Call something its opposite and destroy its objective meaning
in the process.

Orwell's "Freedom is Slavery" line is the best example I can think of.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/