Curl up and dye

Shift Control nobody at faust.guardian.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 14:17:37 PDT 1997

This week, in the Hair issue of Shift Control...

"To be fair, I've never left a hairdresser's happy. In fact, I don't
know anyone who hasn't fled from a hairdresser's in search of the
nearest reflective surface (I chose the window of an Iranian rug
importer on Piccadilly) to try and rub away the salon-induced feeling
of idiocy. But on this day I was particularly woeful. The haircut was
nothing a five-year-old boy would have been ashamed of. But I'm a bit
older than that. My own mother, who I saw later that day for the
first time in two years, said I looked like a 'dork'." - Paul Robinson
on getting a high-class haircut.

"'And the new world champion for imperial whiskers is... Jurgen
Burkhardt!' When it dawned on the short German dressed in the Kaiser
outfit that he'd won his event, the loops at either end of his huge
moustache began to twitch maniacally. The dimensions of the new world
champion's imperial growth were staggering. From left to right,
including the loops, it