You've got to be kidding....

Declan McCullagh declan at pathfinder.com
Sun Jun 1 07:49:04 PDT 1997

A few points:

* I wrote about this in my Netly piece on Friday:
  http://cgi.pathfinder.com/netly/opinion/0,1042,997,00.html

* The state attorney declined to prosecute, saying the law was
unconstitutional. He was talking primarily about the "defamation" law, not
the gang law, but I think he realized both are.

* Cypherpunks should pay attention to laws like this, not because of the
threat of indictment, but because of the implications for anonymity. Read
my article. The Florida law criminalizes truthful anonymous speech; it
also required a True Name and True Mailing Address.

-Declan