Entrust Technologies's Solo - free download

Dr. Jai Maharaj jai at mantra.com
Thu Jul 31 11:51:38 PDT 1997

At 11:21 AM 7/31/97 -0400, Sandy Harris wrote:
> Dr. Jai Maharaj <jai at mantra.com> writes:
>
>|> ...where on this scale do you start to object to my actions:
>|> 1) I use a killfile to ignore certain messages.
>|> 2) I program my personal newsserver to discard certain messages.
>|> 3) A group of us, by consensus, program our common newsserver...
>|
>|Unanimous consent?
>|
>|> 4) A system admin, with due notice to users, programs a
>|> newserver.....
>|
>|What constitutes "due notice" in the present context?
>
>Postings in news.announce.newusers.

That's ridiculous.  One shopping for an ISP, without
access to the Net, is not in a position to read a
notice in a newsgroup.  It makes sense that censorship
and forgery advocates would also suggest means of hiding
the truth.

Again, if an ISP were to advertise "Newsgroups censored
through forgery" -- in electronic, print and broadcast
media, or wherever advertisements are placed or material
made available to investors, then that would be "due notice".

Jai Maharaj
jai at mantra.com
Om Shanti