DEATH TO THE TYRANTS

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Jul 23 21:37:30 PDT 1997

At 8:31 PM -0700 7/23/97, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>It's actually the Secret Service offices that are upstairs from the Time
>bureau, on the top floor of the building. Perhaps because we're close
>enough to see the White House? Dunno. The only time I went up there was
>when they were selling Xmas tree ornaments.
>
>I have a call into the IRS about this mail, BTW. So far nobody has (or
>admits to having) any idea what I'm talking about.

I'm not a reporter, but it seems to me that a major first step in writing
such a story would be to find out who own the account from which the mail
was (allegedly) sent.

Namely, who is "irsnwpr at net.insp.irs.gov" and what does he or she think of
the "DEATH TO TYRANTS" subject header, sent to me (and maybe others). And
what was the reason this was sent to folks who are neither lawyers nor
reporters nor anyone else who typically receives Treasury Department press
releases?

 The headers in the first of the messages I received were: