Fw: Cops, Spies Fail to Slow Crypto Bill

amp at pobox.com amp at pobox.com
Wed Jul 23 09:41:45 PDT 1997

Excellent quote contained in the link below...
"We don't give a damn about export policy," FBI
Assistant director James Callstrom said. "We
care about protecting people domestically, and
we can't do that without wiretapping capabilities."

Translation:
"We know we can't stop crypto overseas, we don't
believe the american people have =any= right to privacy."

amp