Cypherpunk U

Ryan Lackey rdl at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 20 07:00:38 PDT 1997

I think any of the schools which have been mentioned are great for
undergrad.  After being at MIT for a while (and now being eited
by financial reasons, hopefully to be resolved before fall...), I
learned to really appreciate the research programs offered by
some universities to undergrads -- MIT has a really good program
in that area, I'm not sure about the others.  I think if there were
one thing which I used to pick an undergrad school again, it would be
the potential to get involved in faculty research.  At MIT, the
media lab does a fair amount of applied cryptology, and there is
of course the theoretical computing lab which does a lot of
application and theory.

It's not that hard to get in, either.  After all, I got in.  There are
a few useful tricks for your application -- email me if you'd like help.

One of the big annoying parts of going to MIT is that firearms are
banned from college campuses (except at ranges) in the state.  Sigh.

---
Ryan Lackey
rdl at mit.edu						3 Ames St
http://mit.edu/rdl/www/					Cambridge, MA 02142