Something of Interest (fwd)

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Sat Jul 19 23:26:36 PDT 1997

Alan wrote:

> I found the actual article.  It was forwarded to the list by someone.
> (Maybe Igor?)  The headers are interesting.  I have the full header set if
> anyone is interested...
>
> This post did not seem to get posted to the list, but only as a forward...

  It is my recollection that Igor filters the incoming files that use
a blind cc: to cypherpunks@(anylist).com and checks to see if they
are spam with cc:'s to a thousand email addresses or are meant for
the cypherpunks list in specific.
  If they are not just random spam, then Igor forwards them to the
list subscribers, which accounts for the headers showing the post
as a forward rather than as sent directly to the list.