Voluntary mandatory PICS ratings on all posts

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Jul 19 10:24:52 PDT 1997

At 9:03 AM -0700 7/19/97, Anonymous wrote:
>Dimitri the KOTM has asked how to rate one's Web site as being very "nasty".
>

>Add the following META tags between the <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags:
>
><HEAD>
><META NAME="rating" CONTENT="adults only"><META HTTP-EQUIV="PICS-Label"
>CONTENT='(PICS-1.1 "http://www.rsac.org/ratingsv01.html" l r (n 4 s 4 v 4 l 4)
>"http://www.classify.org/safesurf/" l r (SS~~000 9 SS~~001 9 SS~~002 9 SS~~003

I've been using the _text_ form, as the Children's Decency and Safety Act
of 1997 requires that _all_ electronic communications potentially viewable
by those affected (children, the mentally disable, homos, Muslims, etc.,
any of whom might be offended) be appropriately rated and labelled with the
voluntary self-rating system (can be found at
http://www.bigbro.gov/ratingsv01.html).

This mandatory voluntary system meets the needs of us all. Ignorance is
freedom, voluntary means mandatory.

I have come to love Big Brother!

--Winston

Voluntary Mandatory Self-Rating of this Article
(U.S. Statute 43-666-970719).
Warning: Failure to Correctly and Completely Label any Article or Utterance
is a Felony under the "Children's Internet Safety Act of 1997," punishable
by 6 months for the first offense, two years for each additional offense,
and a $100,000 fine per offense. Reminder: The PICS/RSACi label must itself
not contain material in violation of the Act.

** PICS/RSACi Voluntary Self-Rating (Text Form) ** :

Suitable for Children: yes  Age Rating: 5 years and up.
Suitable for Christians: No Suitable for Moslems: No  Hindus: Yes
Pacifists: No  Government Officials: No  Nihilists: Yes  Anarchists: Yes
Vegetarians: Yes  Vegans: No  Homosexuals: No  Atheists: Yes
Caucasoids: Yes  Negroids: No  Mongoloids: Yes
Bipolar Disorder: No  MPD: Yes and No  Attention Deficit Disorder:Huh?

--Contains discussions of sexuality, rebellion, anarchy, chaos,torture,
regicide, presicide, suicide, aptical foddering.
--Contains references hurtful to persons of poundage and people of
color.Sensitive persons are advised to skip this article.

**SUMMARY**
Estimated number of readers qualified to read this: 1
Composite Age Rating: 45 years