Crypto implants

Nobody nobody at rigel.cyberpass.net
Fri Jul 18 17:46:10 PDT 1997

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Steve Schear wrote:

> [I could find no instance in the cypherpunks archives of this thread.
> Forgive me if I've erred.]
>
> As single chip crypto devices are now available (e.g., smart cards) it is
> not unreasonable to ask how the implantation of advanced bio-chips may
> challenge current notions of civil liberties.

I suggested using a chip which derived the equivalent of a passphrase from
brainwaves (when you are calm) - SF now, but in a few years...

And there may be opportunites to make it tamperproof - if removed it is
detected and data destroyed, or make removal all but impossible without
killing the patient.

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---