More on crypto from Bonn

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 16 20:31:14 PDT 1997

>>         What's a "potential" terrorist?

>I suspect "potential terrorist" is like "alleged criminal"; it's a CYA
>statement.

No, they're much different.  An "alleged criminal" is a specific person who
may have really done something illegal, but you're covering yourself
against lawsuits because you haven't yet proven they're guilty in court.
A "potential terrorist" is a bogeyman to scare the public with,
who may or may not exist, and who hasn't done anything scary himself yet.
An "alleged terrorist" is a specific person who may be the one who did some
terrorist action.

On the other hand, a gang of thugs threatening to destroy all life
on the planet are simply referred to as "The Pentagon"....

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)