Bizarre e-mail in the orphan mailbox

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Mon Jul 14 08:34:07 PDT 1997

Mike Duvos <enoch at zipcon.net> writes:

> The Good Doctor writes:
>
> > What is this stuff: http://hotbox.danni.com
> > username: antonio
> > password: 9183tc
>
> > Why are they spamming me with their passwords?
>
> Apparently, they think you will give them a credit card number they can
> bill $9.95 a month to in perpetuity, just for the privelege of being able
> to click on some jpg files of chunky women with big hooters.
>
> Go figure.
But lots of these used to be available for free on alt.binaries.pictures.
erotica the last time I looked (which was admittedly many years ago).

Conspiracy theory: do you think the spammers are flooding the "free"
sources of good stuff (such as usenet) to eliminate the competition,
so people would have to pay them for same?

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM