Hacker cracks ESPN

Lynne L. Harrison lharrison at mhv.net
Wed Jul 9 18:48:16 PDT 1997

   CNET NEWS.COM Dispatch  *  385,000 Readers     Wednesday, July 9, 1997
                          TOP NEWS.COM STORIES FOR TODAY

HACKER TAKES CREDIT CARD NUMBERS, OTHER INFORMATION FROM ESPN
        http://www.news.com/News/Item/0%2C4%2C12275%2C00.html?nd

Starwave is warning customers about an "intruder" who took credit card
numbers from the ESPN and NBA Web sites and then sent messages to the card
owners about the alleged security flaws. Will the security breach on the
popular sports sites affect emerging e-commerce efforts?

Lynne L. Harrison, Esq.       |    "The key to life:
Poughkeepsie, New York        |     - Get up;
lharrison at mhv.net             |     - Survive;
http://www.dueprocess.com     |     - Go to bed."

DISCLAIMER:  I am not your attorney; you are not my client.
             Accordingly, the above is *NOT* legal advice.