Direct satellite systems?

Unprivileged user nobody at www.video-collage.com
Mon Jul 7 13:06:48 PDT 1997

On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Lucky Green wrote:

> My local cable killing Mars rover deployment in favor of local dog tag
> ordinances (as required by the city), made me realize it that getting my
> own dish is way overdue.
>
> I would appreciate reports on any first hand experiences subscribers to
> this list have with satellite services. Yes, NASA TV and the SF channel is
> a must. :-)

I have the Dish Network (www.dishnetwork.com 1-800-333-dish).  They don't
have NASA, but do have SCI-FI, and National Empowerment Television
(net.fcref.org), both C-spans, court-tv, several cnn/cnbc type channels.
I am really happy with it.  With their "better system" (dual lbnf) you can
hang up to 4 receivers - which have to be their own, but the 5000 can get
off-air and includes event timers and even caller-id!  They also offer 6
channel HBO, multi cinemax, etc.  I would take a look.

The big dish would get most of the above, and NASA, but would cost more.

I also looked at primestar/ussb/etc.  Also lots of channels, but a
different set.  I like NET, and some of the channels only on dish, but you
may prefer the channels other providers have

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---