NRA and National Online Records Check bullshit

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Wed Jul 2 18:18:40 PDT 1997

On Wed, Jul 02, 1997 at 08:50:25PM -0400, frissell at panix.com wrote:
>At 05:32 PM 7/2/97 +0000, Paul Bradley wrote:
>>No, speech or practice of religion are not of the same ilk as the right
>>to own firearms, I am definitely on thin ice here, and I admit I am not
>>entirely certain of my own perspective, BUT I cannot see how someone
>>convicted of armed robbery should be allowed the right to own firearms
>again.
>>A person convicted of a violent armed crime is just not in the same
>>league as an innocent citizen, and should not have the same rights.
>
>Quite simple.  Eliminate prison, encourage everyone to carry weapons, wait 6
>months, then well behaved people will predominate and many of the maladjusted
>will find themselves well-adjusted or dead.

Along with a far larger number of well-adjusted innocents.  And the
maladjusted who aren't dead will be in power.

>Rough 6 months.  Try to spend it in the South of France.
>
>This may be the de facto eventuality as nanotech develops.  If the soccer
>moms are afraid of assault rifles, how will they react to the nastiness you
>will be able to gin up from you desktop fab station in a few years.

No question about it, the only hope for the human race is wide
dispersal.  Everybody should join the L5 society, if it still exists,
or become a terrorist Luddite, and bomb us back to the stone age.

But the Earth is doomed, anyway, in 5 billion years.  And we have
either the grand crunch or the heat death of the universe to contend
with after that.  Hopeless.

"The root of greed is fear."

"There is something right when Kent Crispin is not a felon under an
increasing number of laws."

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent at songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...