Liberating the Bits

Sandy Sandfort ssandfort at ATTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 2 16:40:08 PDT 1997

BigNuts wrote:
>  I can understand that Tim May wants to hang on to the mountain of
>cash that was made possible by his company's software copyrights,
>but I am surprised that he seems so boastful about denying others
>any compensation for their ideas, talent, and labour.

  I have to agree with Tim that ideas have no worth and we should
not compensate those that share them. Once anything is made public
it should be up for grabs by anyone who wants to use it for any
purpose they desire.
  Enforcement of copyright laws only denies the world access to
such treasures as "Cyhpernomicon" by Toto, which I recently
found on a few websites. It had pointers to where one could
purchase the "Official CypherPunk" T-shirts and mugs, as well
as information about how to make donations to Toto's "GreenPeace"
foundation.

"All your private property is target for your enemies."
   -Jefferson Airplane

There's something wrong when Kent Crispin is not
a felon under an increasing number of laws.
Sandy Sandfort            | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
ssandfort at ATTMAIL.COM     | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
W.A.S.T.E.: Corralitos, CA| knowledge, reputations, information markets,
Higher Power: 2^1398269   | black markets, collapse of governments.
"Reputation Capital isn't even a speed bump to Identity highway
robbery."