The Politics of Export Restrictions - Clarified

Rick Hornbeck rnh2 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 30 07:59:35 PST 1997

I agree the strategy would have to be hijack-proof.  Something like Gore
experiencing a convenient "change of heart" towards the end of this current
term and convincing Clinton and the administration to soften crypto export
restrictions which would make Gore look like a hero to the high-tech
community just in time for the election. Naturally this would have to be
carefully scripted but the objective would be to keep the democrats in power.

Just a theory.