Last nail for US crypto export policy?

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Wed Jan 29 19:46:09 PST 1997

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997 f_estema at alcor.concordia.ca wrote:
[stuff]

> Incidentally, I remind you of the results of the moot court that was held
> at one of the CFP conferences, where a GAK case was tried in front of
> real federal judges by real lawyers. Our side lost.

Um.  Actually the real judges didn't render an opinion (in public) since
they might have to rule for real someday and would probably be conflicted
out if they had ruled on the merits in a mock trial.  The opinions were by
a shadow panel of law professors, and they disagreed, 2-1.
==
The above may have been dictated via Dragon Dictate 2.51 voice
recognition. Please be alert for unintentional word substitutions.

A. Michael Froomkin        | +1 (305) 284-4285; +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)
Associate Professor of Law |
U. Miami School of Law     | froomkin at law.miami.edu
P.O. Box 248087            | http://www.law.miami.edu/~froomkin
Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA | It's warm here.