PGPmail for Windows, Version 4.5

Robert Rothenburg 'Walking-Owl' WlkngOwl at unix.asb.com
Wed Jan 29 18:11:02 PST 1997

On 27 Jan 97 at 22:39, Alan Olsen wrote:

You wrote:

> I would like to see PGPMail support Pegusus Mail for the reason that I have
> used the crypto plug-in for Pegusus and found it inadiquate for general
> usage.

Same here. The PGP plug in was awful... (if it didn't find the key...
and the key had to have the exact user-id you were mailing to) it
sent it out in the clear. A serious bug.

> Pegusus's current crypto hooks do not deal well with remailers and multiple
> keys.  PGPMail does not deal with remailers as well as I would like, but it
> is far easier to use than the Pegusus solution.

Might be worth making suggestions to the Pegasus Mail team... now
that PGPMail is out, they could 'modify' the plug-ins for Version 3.0
(which I hear they are working on).  Since it's made in New Zealand,
there's no ITAR/EAR problems.

As for remailers, once crypto is plugged in, a remailer plug-in with
would work. (That's possibly an easy-enough hack too.)

An API for PGPMail you'd be a nice thing... then one can write apps
to use it.

Rob

-----
"The word to kill ain't dirty     | Robert Rothenburg (WlkngOwl at unix.asb.com)
 I used it in the last line       | http://www.asb.com/usr/wlkngowl/
 but use a short word for lovin'  | Se habla PGP:  Reply with the subject
 and dad you wind up doin' time." | 'send pgp-key' for my public key.