Machine readable form (was:RE: [DES] DES Key Recovery Project, Progress Report #7)

Phil Karn karn at Qualcomm.com
Wed Jan 29 16:55:51 PST 1997

I think you're being far too subtle here. The issues have been clearly
drawn in my case. The government is also now officially on record as
reserving the authority to regulate the exports of even paper copies
of cryptographic source code (e.g., books). They have simply chosen
not to do so for now out of the goodness of their hearts. Or, more
likely, because even they understand the furor this would cause, and the
damage it would do to their position in court.

Phil