Trigger-Words...

Martin Janzen janzen at idacom.hp.com
Tue Jan 28 17:26:25 PST 1997

harka at nycmetro.com writes:
>does anybody know any contact points/Web pages, where I might get
>some information on e-mail filtering via trigger-words? I am
>interested in how this technology specifically works and a
>acollection of trigger-words would be nice too :)

You might start with the Mail Filtering FAQ:

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/mail/filtering-faq/faq.html

It's pretty Unix-specific, covering procmail, Elm filter, and mailagent.
For PC-based mailers, you're probably better off checking the documentation
and/or the web page for the one you're using.  Finally, take a look at the
comp.mail.* newsgroups.

Or just use the search engines, throwing in combinations of the above terms...

Martin Janzen           janzen at idacom.hp.com
Pegasus Systems Group   c/o Hewlett-Packard Company, CMD Vancouver