How to subscribe

Toto toto at sk.sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 28 05:14:04 PST 1997

Theodor.SCHLICKMANN at BXL.DG13.cec.be wrote:

> I have learned from the discussions in this list that there are other lists related to > this one. Can anybody send me information on what is available and when this confusion > created by having different lists will stop.

> cypherpunks : unmoderated and uncensored
 - This is a list for handsome, witty, intelligent people who believe
in the actual practice of free speech in regard to cryptography and
its socio/politico implications.

> cypherpunks : unmoderated and censored
 - This list is the same as the one above, only it includes the postings
'accidently' routed to /dev/null. (You need a /dev/null 'reader' to
access it. I recommend one from the makers of the Infinite Hard Drive)

> cypherpunks : moderated   and uncensored
 - This list consists of only Sandy's postings.

> cypherpunks : moderated   and censored
 - This list consists of formerly free CypherPunks who were forcibly
relocated into its confines.
   The members of this list are grotesquely deformed, slow-witted
creatures, although some appear to be idiot savants and are able to
work very well with numbers. Nonetheless, they have little chance of
escaping the Dark Storm which is descending upon them.
  Legend has it that its server was once a handsome princebot who kissed
the wrong ass, and turned into a toad.com.

> cypherpunks : US eyes only -- export restrictions
 - This is a list composed entirely of foreign spies.

> cypherpunks : Europe
 - This is a list that will soon be beseiged by Attila T. Hun.

> cypherpunks : private mail
 - This is a list accessible only to the two people exchanging
the private mail and the DOD (barring use of PGP).

  The confusion created by having different lists will stop when
the 'other boot' drops.

Toto