Rejection policy of the Cypherpunks mailing list (fwd)

Daniel Harter dharter at harter.pg.md.us
Mon Jan 27 19:52:37 PST 1997

On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, Dale Thorn wrote:

> Actually, it is a certifiable fact that the list subscribers can
> jump to the unmoderated list whenever they want to.  It is also a
> certifiable fact that they (97% or so) have *not* done so.

Has anyone compiled a summary of the difference of volume of posts to
the lists?  I'd be interested to find out.

> Because of these facts, I must conclude that either:
>
> 1. The subscribers have spoken by staying put, or,
> 2. The subscribers are so lazy and unaware of what's going on that
>    they've just left things as is.
>
> Now, in my opinion, we've come to this:  Some people here will hold
> the optimistic view of the bulk of the subscribers, and others will
> hold the pessimistic view (the bulk will presumably be in-between).

I just started subscribing to the list near the time it started, so I
have not noticed a difference.  If the unmoderated list is not much
more (~10%) I think I'd prefer the unmoderated list.

Regards,

Dan Harter
dharter at harter.pg.md.us