OTP security

Rick Osborne osborne at gateway.grumman.com
Mon Jan 27 08:41:25 PST 1997

I was thinking about the thread we had a week or so ago about OTPs.  Say
I'm going to burn a CD of what I think are cryptographically random bits,
but somehow I end up with part of my stream being predictable (say every
16th bit).  What does this do to the security of my CD?
_________ o s b o r n e @ g a t e w a y . g r u m m a n . c o m _________
Sam Jones <samjones at leo.unm.edu> on the Nine Types of User:
Shaman - "Last week, when the moon was full, the clouds were thick, and
formahaut was above the horizon, I typed f77, and lo, it did compile."
Advantages: Gives insight into primative mythology.
Disadvantages:  Few scons are anthropology majors.
Symptoms: Frequent questions about irrelavent objects.
Real Case: One user complained that all information on one of their disks
got erased (as Norton Utilities showed nothing but empty sectors, I
suspect nothing had ever been on it). Reasoning that the deleted
information went *somewhere*, they 	wouldn't shut up until the scon
checked four different disks for the missing information.