Fighting the cybercensor

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Mon Jan 27 06:40:58 PST 1997

Toto wrote:
> Dale Thorn wrote:
> > How does one country get on top and terrorize the whole world?  By
> > following Tom Wolfe's intimation concerning the pirates: "The people
> > on the East coast were constantly victimized because they couldn't
> > comprehend just how vicious and ruthless the pirates really were"
> > (quote approximate).

> Dale,
>   When I read posts like this, I wonder how any rationally thinking
> person can possibly believe that socio/politico concerns have no
> place in the discussion of crypto.
>   It is my belief that many of the more atrocious acts being performed
> against the citizens by various governments are made possible by the
> fact that there are so few people who recognize a 'pirate' when they
> see one.
>   While I appreciate that there are those who may be furthering the
> cause of crypto, privacy and freedom through official channels, the
> controlled media, and such, there needs to be a forum in which
> people are free to use what they consider to be the 'correct'
> terminology to refer to those who have usurped democracy in order
> to control the citizens for their own personal profit.
>   i.e. 'Pirates'

When I recall my growing up years and the political/social arguments
I participated in, I can hardly believe the things I've learned since,
esp. things like government agencies sharing asset forfeitures as a
means of funding further seizures (kind of snowballs, if you know
what I mean).  Check out H.R. 3355 of late 1993, which authorizes
Janet Reno to personally treaty up with the local cops in every U.S.
city of 100,000 pop. or more, i.e., most of the U.S. population,
and virtually all of the "crime".

There was a previous post today, perhaps yours, which made the point
that while erstwhile freedom fighters are trying to put out one fire
or another, the govt. boys are lighting dozens more.  I guess that
means we'll have to pony up a lot more tax money to pay those guys.
Whoops!  I forgot - they can self-fund now with the asset seizures.