Fighting the cybercensor. (fwd)

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 26 09:10:44 PST 1997

At 12:11 AM 1/22/97 -0600, Jim Choate wrote:
>> Singapore and China are blocking certain net groups. I think
>> this is a bad thing, question is how can we stop it?
>
>'We' shouldn't, it is their own country and it is up to their populace to
>stop it. Do you really want Singapore or China having a say in how we run
>our web? I certainly don't, and won't support any move to force any

Nonsense - the net doesn't "belong" to "Singapore or China" -
it's made up of the activies and property of many different people.
If some of those people don't like what other people are saying,
or reading, they've got no right to limit it, just because they've
got enough guns to call themselves "the government".
If they don't like something, they don't have to read it,
or they can send out their own counter-propaganda.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
#     (If this is a mailing list, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)