overview.htm (fwd)

ichudov at algebra.com ichudov at algebra.com
Sat Jan 25 22:56:16 PST 1997

Dale Thorn wrote:
> Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> > > One could argue that in the cases where the cures (antibiotics) add to
> > > a person's problems by further corrupting their immune system, that
> > > they should simply change their habits.  Since I don't see that as a
> > > reasonable possibility, the only thing left is that the public should
> > > be made aware of *all* of the relevant facts, even those which are
> > > heavily suppressed now for PC reasons.
>
> > Why do they take antibiotics?  Just curious.
>
> I'm not precisely sure, but remember, I'm not saying that your typical
> suburban, well-to-do, successful gay male falls into this category.
>
> There are, OTOH, a lot of people in the city who have lifestyles which
> are not represented accurately in the prime-time sitcoms, and the ones
> who fall into the greatest health-risk category are IV drug users and
> gay males (in the city, remember - i.e., Santa Monica boulevard).
>
> Remember too those ads for male sexual lubricants - you cannot use
> a condom with those lubricants.  Safe sex, I don't think so.

That does not come close to a theory that would explain HIV away.

> > Also, I haven't heard that antibiotics were bad for immune system,
> > has that been proven?
>
> You're kidding, yes?  Anything besides good food, exercise, sleep etc.
> is bad for the immune system.  Antibiotics (usually "dead" germs of
> some sort) are horrendous things to inject directly into your system.

This may very well be true. I try to never use antibiotics,
because I had allergy when I was a child and I also do not
like taking any medications.

There needs to be something more convincing than these generic
statements, if you want to create some plausible theory.

> In October 1959, after lapsing into a coma from a massive sinus
> infection, I was given "a million units of penicillin" in the
> children's hospital when first admitted.  I recovered OK after
> two weeks, so I'm certainly not opposed to antibiotics for those
> who really need them.  OTOH, our U.S. economy today is antibiotic-
> and-hormone crazy, injecting cows, pigs, and chickens to name a few
> animals, all in the hopes of raising production.  So why is the rate
> of cancer going up so high?  It seems nearly everyone I know is
> getting this degenerate disease when they get older.  Check out the
> videos by Howard Lyman, who used to be a big-time "chemical" farmer.
> One quote:  "My soil after a few years was like asbestos".

As far as I understand, 1) no one really understands why cancer rates
are up so much and 2) since people live longer, they are more likely do
have cancer.

What you said is one of the hypotheses. I personally feel that
environment and bad greasy food are other major contributors.
The way they cook all these fries, with overheated grease, is very
bad.

	- Igor.