Scandinavian Goverments provide PGP to postal customers...

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Sat Jan 25 22:39:47 PST 1997

At 09:50 PM 1/25/97 -0800, jim bell wrote:
>>Interesting piece of trivia: I recently talked with a fellow from Intel. They are looking to purchase keyboards with smartcard readers built in. They hope to get them at $30/piece from suppliers in Asia. The lot size? 10 million.
>

>I suppose this is good news.  I just hope they implement a system, like
>Chaum's low-knowledge/zero-knowledge systems, which make it difficult or
>impossible for snoops or tampered hardware to leak useful information.

I understand that Intel's main problem at this time seem to be to find a keyboard manufacturer that understands that for the device to be effective, the CPU should not be involved in its operation.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred
   Make your mark in the history of mathematics. Use the spare cycles of
   your PC/PPC/UNIX box to help find a new prime.
   http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm