who the "fuck" am I?

Attila T. Hun attila at primenet.com
Sat Jan 25 16:17:48 PST 1997

In <Pine.LNX.3.95.970125111610.12982A-100000 at dhp.com>, on 01/25/97
   at 12:32 PM, aga <aga at dhp.com> said:

+Which Attila the Hun is this?
+Is this the rec.nude guy?
+-aga

    response --------------

        I will not say "what is 'rec.nude'" but I have never been there;
    isn't that the one for nudists camps or some such? never been much
    into worrying about what I wore, or making the statement I did not!

        I always thought a little mystery was good for both sides:

            she knows not if I have a small dick,
                I know not if she has no tits;

            la, la, la.. ..

        as to multiple "Attila the Hun" accounts, I probably have as
    good as any original stake on the name as far as the net goes:
    --Bell Labs hung it on me in the mid 70s when I was doing some
    contract work on the unix kernal for Western Electric for the spook
    show. The name stuck, and why bother to change?

        Other than the fact the nudist might be a real loser, I could
    care less about a nym;  there are multiple users on other nyms (for
    all we know, Tim May is a nym and the name is common); you can
    usually guess by context who is who.  how many of us have actually
    seen each other face to face (who would want to <g>)?  so, in most
    cases, real names are no different than nyms in a make believe
    world.

        now, all that being said...

        it has been asked... "who the fuck are you?"
        to which I reply: "...good choice of expletives."

        "nobody, I guess;
        "well, let's see...
        "I have a Piled higher and Deeper in Information Techniques from
    Zuerich (undergrad at Harvard in dual honors physical chemistry);
        "I have been around since before the dawn of arpanet, probably
    even longer than TCMay; in fact, I was born before Franklin D.
    Roosevelt dusted off Wendell L. Willkie;
        "...but I've never held a 'job;'
        "I have personally coded more than a few 250,000+ line packages,
    which made me quite comfortable at one time, even if more than one
    did go down the black hole (along with countless other projects like
    the bit-slice hardware and firmware to replace B3500s in missle
    silos);
        "I have been the hatchet man in numerous high tech recoveries;
        "I have been detained for crypto offenses by the Feds;
        "I have been detained for 'treasonable' technology export;
        "I have been charged;
        "...a long time ago, in a land far, far away, there was more
    than one tour in the Corps' "deep-deep black" special operations;
    the battalion commanding officer for the 'Let's kill 'em all' vacant
    eyes, the misfits;
        "a combat chopper pilot;
        "an instrument rated multi-engine pilots license;
        "a rider of a 102 in. 115+ mph qtr. miler hawg on the street;
        "plus a few other reasons to guarantee an autobiography found on
    the fiction shelf."

        while playing Hotel California:

            So, who the 'fuck' am I?
            Just another aging 300 lb gorilla,
            long haired hippie, California freak,
            with yet another loud outlaw chopper.

        "Oh, yeah, I forgot, I hold a license to practice before the
    court in a couple European countries (not that I would waste my
    time...)."

        "So, who am I, really?

        "Nobody, I guess, just attila!"

  ==
  "you probably will not be last,
    you may not be next,
      but you are certainly too late to have been first.
            --attila