testing email from airport kiosk

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 24 23:24:09 PST 1997

An update on the SF airport kiosk email machines:
Judging from the headers, there _is_ a Linux machine driving
the laptops, and there's a Metricom ricochet modem
providing the communications path - interesting alternative to wires,
and I guess they don't mind having the extra radio waves in the airport.
It does support anonymous email, in that you can type in
any email address you want, and it doesn't seem to mind.
In addition to limited web, telnet,  and outgoing email,
it lets you retrieve email with POP3.  Doesn't seem to be a way
to get it to run a program, though :-)