[Noise] From The Onion

Eric Cordian emc at wire.insync.net
Thu Jan 23 17:37:12 PST 1997

> SATAN TO REVISE BAR CODE SYSTEM

[snip]

Not to be outdone, Satan's major competitor, Choronzon, Chief Demonic
Officer and only resident of the accursed 10th Aether of the Enochian
System, today announced his own plans for a system to label his mortal
followers and regulate their business transactions.

"Stamping numbers on the foreheads and hands of individuals is primitive
technology," Choronzon explained, snapping his barbed tail, and emitting
a sulphurous plume.  "We are pleased to announce our plans to identify
our followers using digital watermarking technology licensed from RSA
Data Security, Inc."

Implementation of the scheme, which will involve the encoding of a
subtle full-body pattern into each individual by surface ablation with
high powered eximer lasers, will be managed by Choronzon's Supreme
Legate to the Material World, Jim Bidzos.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+