Airport security [no such thing]

Igor Chudov @ home ichudov at algebra.com
Wed Jan 22 16:31:06 PST 1997

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> Nurdane Oksas <oksas at asimov.montclair.edu> writes:
> > > Sure!  A true gentleman (like me) is always ready, willing, and able
> > 	I am very embarassed...
> > 	i think i am in trouble ;)
>
> We better start encrypting stuff before we both get in trouble with Dr.MLV :-)

you mean, your mai lreading computer is physically secured?

> This reminds me of a story of one Sovok biology professor in Illinois.
> His wife got a boyfriend. In addition to having real-life sex, they also
> exchanged sexually explicit e-mail on AOL which she thought she erased.
> One day something went wrong with her computer and she asked the husband
> to fix it. He looked at the hard disk with Norton Utilities and saw 6
> months worth the erased e-mail, saying things like "I can still taste
> your whatever on my lips". Of course all the traffic was in Russian and
> it would have served as a "Navajo talk" encryption if it weren't for
> the fact that all 3 were Sovoks.

Purebred? Just curious.

> The professor kicked the wife out, but
> her boyfriend is married, so she's all alone now.
>
> This proves that the masses of normal heterosexuals should be educated
> and encouraged to use encryption, not just some homosexual "elite".

The problem is that one of the partners is often too stupid to use PGP.

That is very annoying. Not that any of the contents of my hard disk
are that sensitive, but under linux I run my wipedisk program two times
every night. just another cron job.

But think about this: suppose there is a couple, bob at household.com,
and alice at household.com. Suppose that Rev. Mallory does not like bob.
Mallory forges a lot of emails like "I can still taste your sperm
on my lips", that appear to originate from Cindy at phonesex.org.

Then, promptly, Mallory sends an anonymous alert to alice at household.com,
warning her about naughty email activities of bob. Alice gets mad at him
and divorces him.

How would bob protect himself against such developments?

	- Igor.