ADSL (Was: GSM technology

jbugden at smtplink.alis.ca jbugden at smtplink.alis.ca
Wed Jan 22 07:55:52 PST 1997

Bill Stewart <stewarts at ix.netcom.com> wrote re: ADSL lines>
They're not widely available yet; I don't know if any of the (US)
phone companies offer it as more than trials.  One limitation is that
the technology works over copper wire, so it has to be offered at
your local telco wire center.

A previous poster mentioned that because of the copper wire restriction, that
they may deploy first in older centers. This would appear to be the case, since
a Canadian telco (Sasktel) is offering ADSL in Saskatoon for 60$/month with
unlimited internet access. Saskatoon falls into this category - in my opinion.

I was only is SK briefly over New Years, but perhaps Toto can fill in details.

James