GSM technology

Toto toto at sk.sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 20 16:09:59 PST 1997

Lucky Green wrote:

> At 09:43 AM 1/20/97 -0500, Nurdane Oksas wrote:
> >       Does anyone use ADSL lines?  or are they still very expensive?
>
> I just had a very interesting talk with somebody from Northern Telecom (Canada's Phone Company). NorTel has apparently skipped ISDN and is now deploying ADSL. Some areas already have access to ADSL at, can you believe this, $60/month.

  SaskTel also offers this type of access, at around the same price.
  As long as they had a monopoly on the citizens of the province,
they gouged people in the boondocks $ 6.00/hr for basic access to
the InterNet.
  Now that they have competition, and need to have competitive rates to
stay in business, they are acting like they are the consumer's best
friend, instead of rip-off shitheads.

Toto