THIS IS THE FIRST MESSAGE TO THE MODERATED CYPHERPUNKS LIST

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Sun Jan 19 19:40:55 PST 1997

If you see this, Sandy has approved it and forwarded it to the list.
Of course, this is modulo glitches and bugs.  It may take a few days
to get everything 100% right.  And the messages will undoubtedly arrive
on your site in a different order than the order in which they were sent
(due to queueing at various places, mostly on toad.com).

Welcome to (what I hope is) a more useful and less confrontative
cypherpunks list.  Now, can we get back to talking about cryptography?

	John Gilmore