Airport security [no such thing]

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Wed Jan 15 23:18:50 PST 1997

At 11:11 PM 1/15/97 -0700, C. Kuethe wrote:
>Yeah... took the words outta my mouth.  Let's all write to the FAA, DOT, etc.
>and tell them what morons they are...  sorry tell them that they need
work. No
>more Lockerbies, TWA800's and other such tragedies.

Write them? Why? How are they going to prevent someone from boarding with a
bottle of aftershave containing the extra strong flavor? A bottle that will
be left in the seat? One could cut open the seat if need be. [Dozens of
other examples omitted in the interest of brevity.]

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred
   Make your mark in the history of mathematics. Use the spare cycles of
   your PC/PPC/UNIX box to help find a new prime.
   http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm