DCSB: The Internet Consumer -- 1996 in Review & Predictions for 1997

Toto toto at sk.sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 15 22:03:26 PST 1997

Robert Hettinga wrote:
> I fished this out of my killfile. Ironically, I had just plonked Toto
> yesterday because I saw no compelling merit in anything he has posted to
> cypherpunks since he got here, and given the quantity of his posts, he was
> starting to waste my attention. However, this morning, as my mail was
> coming down in Eudora, I saw that he had replied to this month's DCSB
> announcement, and, frankly, I knew that it had to be something like this.

  Why do people feel compelled to 'explain' how they 'chanced'
to read items in their 'killfile'? It always seems to me to be
for the purpose of insulting someone while keeping egg off of
their own face.

> When I sent the posting in question to the cryptography groups, I figured
> that this month's DCSB meeting would not not be especially on topic, even
> for cypherpunks :-).

> Anyway, I apologize to anyone this has offended. Except, of course, for
> certain, um, dogs.

  I didn't consider it particularly off-topic, myself. I was jes'
fishin.

> <Now, where's Toto? It looks like he needs a physic... Toto!!! Here, Boy!
> Waaalkies!!!!>

  And it looks like I 'caught' one.

Toto